Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Disciplining other people's children

My grandsons are with me most days while their parents are at work. I wanted to get some opinions from some younger mothers to see how they feel when their parents discipline their children. I feel like that they are with me so much, that I have to make sure that they do what I ask them to do. I also feel like a lot of the responsibility for molding who they are going to be falls on me. I also feel like sometimes I cross the line over into their parents territory and I want to make sure that I understand my boundaries. I guess what I am asking is, what kind of things do your parents do that you consider stepping over the line?

Comments

• The only things that bother me is when they do things I've specifically told them we do a certain way or if they bad mouth my patenting choices.

• I think people should try to not discipline other people's kids unless they are given permission. Even then I think the best thing to do is tell the parents what happened and let them handle it unless its an emergency.