Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

How do you take away a baby's pacifier?

My cousin and I were talking the other day. She has been having a really hard time weaning her daughter from the pacifier. I never gave my children one so I wasn't sure what to tell her. Do any of you have any experience with this? I would love to get her some pointers on what to do. (P.S. My aunt (her mother) keeps a pacifier hidden at her house at all times. The baby always goes straight to my aunt when she wants one)

Comments

• It's difficult if not everyone is on the same page about it. I would recommend trying to find something to replace it. Ths is also dependent on the age of the child. Many people still need to suck on something for a few years, a favorite cup could also be a good replacement.

• I never let my oldest daughter get very attached to it. We only used it when it was absolutely necessary, mostly in the car because she hated being in the car or when I wasn't there for awhile. Other than that we would hide it so she didn't get too attached to it. You could hide it if they are already attached and then try to distract them and take them out to a park or somewhere fun and stimulating.