Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Easy birth?

edited July 2016 in Birth
Hey there,

How was giving birth to your bundle of joy?

Bringing my boy into this world was quite quick without any complications. I started losing water at around lunchtime but did not realise that was what it was. I thought my bladder was playing up as the baby was squashing it, so I went to my parents for lunch. When I got home in the afternoon I started to get minor cramps but I thought those would be the once where the baby is just moving down in the right position which I read can feel like cramps, so I wasn’t worried at all.

My husband was due to leave for the airport to pick up his sister, her husband and kid. My boy was not due for another 2 weeks so we have planned for them to come and stay with us for a few days before then. My husband did not want to leave me alone though so he called my mum, which I thought was a bit of an overreaction. When she got here the cramps were getting stronger with 4 min. in-between but I was still convinced that it was not time yet. She insisted we go to the hospital at about 3:30.
The midwifes there told me that it was my waters that broke so they would not send me home anymore but said that it would still take ages as it was my first child and the pain wasn’t that bad. I had opted out of an epidural and they sent me to a room and told me to come and get them or go to the delivery room once the contractions got closer.
An hour or so later I told my mum that I feel like I need to push so we went to the delivery room. The midwives still did not think it was time yet, but at 6.42 my boy was here without any pain relief at all.
The midwifes from the other room were a bit jealous of mine as they had a lady in that kept screaming for hours even with an epidural and painkillers.

Don’t get me wrong it was still really painful and I do not really want to do it again but it was manageable and all worth it in the end.

So how was your experience?

Mumofone

Comments

• Hey Mumifone! Fun question. My son was born in the parking lot at the the hospital. I woke up about six in the morning and felt like I REALLY needed to go to the bathroom. My water broke and I told my husband that it was time to go. HE WANTED TO STOP FOR COFFEE. LOL. We made it to the hospital doors and he ran in and got a nurse, who happened to be a good friend of mine from school. She politely told me that I needed to try and get in the wheelchair to go into the hospital but I knew that wasn't happening. I could already hear him crying. I turned towards the opened car door, gave a good push and my nurse friend went to work. That was way too easy. LOL

• Each of my birth experiences have been very different. The first was very beautiful, 8 hours, but calm and easy at the same time. My second was my difficult one, it lasted over 24 hours, I was very exhausted. My third was the fastest. It was over in just a few minutes. It was intense physically, but also quick and satisfying. I would call it easy because I didn't have to do much, my body simply was ready and the baby pushed himself out for the most part.