Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Staying in hospital after giving birth

edited Juli 2016 in Birth
Here you usually have to stay in hospital after giving birth for 3 days if there are no complications and about a week if you had a c section. You can choose to go home straight away but then a midwife will come and visit you for a few days at home.

I choose to stay in hospital as first of all it was my first baby and everything was so new and I don’t like the idea of a midwife coming to my home. After all it would have been a complete stranger visiting me every day for a bit.

For me those three days seemed to last forever. Not much you can do in hospital. My husband and family came to visit me every day but still the boredom was driving me insane. I could not wait to get out.

There were two other girls in my room but they just stayed in bed all day long sleeping or breastfeeding. I did not really feel like I needed a rest so I wondered around a lot and therefore missed all the ward rounds. The doctors only saw me the day they discharged me.

How did you experience the first few days after giving birth? Did you go straight home or stay in hospital?

Mumofone