Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Playdates

edited July 2016 in Leisure & Holidays
When do you think or did you start meeting up with other kids to play with your baby? Do you think that is important?

In my family our boy is the only baby and none of my close friends have any either. So far he just played with us but I was thinking it would be good for him to meet other kids his age.

I just haven’t found the right playgroup for him and I am not going to send him to nursery until he is 3 or 4.

How do you deal with this?

Mumofone

Comments

• edited December 2013
    I have 2 Brothers and 1 sister and I'm the youngest. All of my siblings have children already, so we often do something together. None of my close friends have any kids either, so I bring him for 2 or 3 days to a playgroup. There are lot of children with different ages there. They can play, sing, dance and learn together. But it took me a quite long time to find the right playgroup.
  • So far we have found two other mothers that we do meet up with every now and then. My boy however is not really interested that much yet. I quess we ll just keep meeting up and see what happens.
  • A friend of mine teaches a class with musical instruments, singing and storytelling it's for babies to preschool age. It's a great place to meet new mom and get your baby socializing.

• Most of our interaction with other children is a church and church related activities. We are fortunate to have a good group. We plan lots of things for the kids to do and places for them to go. There are plenty of kids their age and some older and younger kids too, so they get plenty of experience with kids of all ages.