Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Time off to be a wife/partner again

edited July 2016 in Family and Relationship
Do you take time off from being a parent to just being a wife, partner or just a women again?

From the beginning my husband and I have taken some time off from being parents and spent time together as husband and wife. My side of the family is more than happy to take our wee monkey once a week over night so we can do something just the two of us.

I never felt guilty or bad for doing that but I hear a lot of mums and dads saying that they could not spend a night without their baby especially when they are just born. I know that he is in good hands and having lots of fun when he is with my parents or siblings, and I get some rest so I think that it is very important for both sides.

What do you think about this and do you take time off?

Mumofone

Comments

• My husband and I decided to go out on a date once a month. My family always watched after our 3 kids and I can say that we really needed the dates. Sometimes my parents watch the kids over night but I'm one of those people who feel guilty about giving them away.
  • I hear that a lot that parents feel guilty giving their kids away over night. I don´t think it is anything to feel guilty about but I guess there is nothing you can do about the way you feel.

I am glad to have that time with my husband or just with the sofa.
  • I feel my relationship will need to recover from this pregnancy. It's hard to find the time to be alone but I definitely think it's really, really important. I feel like everything right now is about preparing for the birth and first few months, as well as just getting through this pregnancy. We definitely don't have a lot of connecting as a couple and I know things are going to get harder before they get easier, but we're going to need to come up with something to help us use our time wisely and be partners.